The PAK presents “Christmas Rewind”.
Breaking the Chains
Day Camp 2015 Highlights & Opening Sessions
- Iced coffee & bottled water for the adults at check-in
- Watching the Avengers teach Willy the Worm, Sammy the Scarecrow and Mama Jo on how to forgive and to show love to each other
- Kids singing and jumping along with the Day Camp Band
- Playing games outside in the sunshine
- Herbie the Snail story. (You’ll be glad to know that Herbie is feeling better now and enjoying his birthday. And he’s trying to be more patient.)
- The Avengers taught Sammy the Scarecrow how it takes patience to grow corn.
- The “Jalapeno Sisters” performed “Let It Go.”
- “Gaga-ball!” (You’ll have to ask a 5th or 6th grader.)
- Learning motions to the songs.
- We went fishing and caught eight fish and they were “this big!” See the pictures at: facebook.com/kidsquestbc.
- Sammy and Mama Jo were injured, but thankfully Captain America practiced kindness and cared for them.
- Mrs. Marina told the story of “Suzy Swoof” and how her friends learned to be kind to her.
- Kids and teachers joined in on a spontaneous dance party.
- The “Beat Brothers” performed an original rap for the America’s Got Talent” judges.
- We made tye-dyed t-shirts and decorated door hangers during craft time.
Amazing Grace – String Ensemble
Be Still My Soul
The string ensemble playing Be Still My Soul.
Attempted to Deliver [Life Illustrated]
Christmas Down Under [PAK Play]
Lisa “lasagna,” Greg “grapes,” and Roger “raspberries”: These are a few of my favorite names and foods listed by Bloomingdale Church Choir members. At our first choir practice, we strived to learn each other’s names using this tactic! We also listened to the recordings of the songs we will be performing during Advent season: “Noel, Noel,” “I Hear the Prophet Calling,” and “A King is Born.” To close practice together, we sang the hymn, “Come Thou Long Expected Jesus”.
When you are a part of the Bloomingdale Church Choir, you feel welcomed and that you are a part of something bigger.
Interested in getting involved in the choir? The choir practices on Saturdays from 9-10am at Bloomingdale Church, in the Common Grounds Room. All who enjoy singing are welcome. Nothing is required, just come!
Day Camp 2014 Songs
One of the reasons we love Day Camp is that we have a live band. The teens help us learn the motions to each song. And then we sing and dance with all our energy…which is a lot!
Obeying the Big Ten
Ten Commandment Boogie
Put God First & King of Kings
Lord I Lift Your Name on High