Sunday School Fall Kick Off
At Fall Kick Off, KidsQuest families came back from a relaxing summer for the first Sunday School of the year. If you’re like us, Day Camp songs have been hummed through your house since June. At Fall Kick Off, the Day Camp Band paid us a special visit to sing together, and we even had an appearance from KidsQuest’s favorite superheroes, the Avengers! Captain America was too busy saving people to visit us, but Superman, Iron Man, and Thor sang with Sunday School and sent them off on their Sunday School mission for the year – to learn together, and to have fun!
At Sunday School, join us as we learn God’s Word in a new way each week. Each Sunday, your class will “rotate” through storytelling, art, cooking, movies, games, and science experiments as we learn stories from the Bible.
Ages 3 – 4th grade
With 31 teenagers and 7 leaders, our Youth Group OnMission team served the South Elgin community.
“We are all hoping that we can accomplish what God has sent us hear (sic) to do, have a fun time, and spread the word about Christ.” -Josh V.
“Even through all the hard work and sweat we put into these mission trips, It is 100% worth it.” -Trinity F.
“I thought it was cool how people even skipped lunch and worked later than they had to just to get more work done. This would be a type of trip that I would do again.” –Michelle H.
“During this trip I learned a lot about God and about his love. I grew in my relationship with [Him] so much. Everyone that came on the trip worked really hard and we got most of the stuff done.” -Jeremy H.
- We rebuilt and landscaped a whole new playground area and weeded all the gardens.
- We painted the church entry way and repainted the church sign.
- We led neighborhood kids through a Day Camp in a local park with five new families. (Surprisingly, for our first day, no kids showed up. We took this opportunity to stop and pray asking God what He wanted us to do next. It was clear from the teens responses that God was leading us to still bring Day Camp to this community. So we split up to run more fliers, prayed, and set up at a local park where kids saw us and joined in.)
Our students learned what it means to trust God in real time, and how easy it is to do great things this close to home. For more trip stories and student blog quotes, check out storiesof.us/soelgin.
Day Camp 2015 Highlights & Opening Sessions
- Iced coffee & bottled water for the adults at check-in
- Watching the Avengers teach Willy the Worm, Sammy the Scarecrow and Mama Jo on how to forgive and to show love to each other
- Kids singing and jumping along with the Day Camp Band
- Playing games outside in the sunshine
- Herbie the Snail story. (You’ll be glad to know that Herbie is feeling better now and enjoying his birthday. And he’s trying to be more patient.)
- The Avengers taught Sammy the Scarecrow how it takes patience to grow corn.
- The “Jalapeno Sisters” performed “Let It Go.”
- “Gaga-ball!” (You’ll have to ask a 5th or 6th grader.)
- Learning motions to the songs.
- We went fishing and caught eight fish and they were “this big!” See the pictures at: facebook.com/kidsquestbc.
- Sammy and Mama Jo were injured, but thankfully Captain America practiced kindness and cared for them.
- Mrs. Marina told the story of “Suzy Swoof” and how her friends learned to be kind to her.
- Kids and teachers joined in on a spontaneous dance party.
- The “Beat Brothers” performed an original rap for the America’s Got Talent” judges.
- We made tye-dyed t-shirts and decorated door hangers during craft time.
Gavin lives in Roselle, IL.
Celebrating Our Mom
Allison, Amy, & Abby reflect on their mom’s influence in their lives.
Grandmother-Daughter-Granddaughter, Alice, Therese, and Liz share their story about adoption.
Student’s Interview High School onMission Trip 2014
Matt interviews Jeremy and Arianna about their experiences serving in Chicago.
Day Camp 2014 Highlights
Day Camp 2014 Songs
One of the reasons we love Day Camp is that we have a live band. The teens help us learn the motions to each song. And then we sing and dance with all our energy…which is a lot!
Obeying the Big Ten
Ten Commandment Boogie
Put God First & King of Kings
Lord I Lift Your Name on High