- Our Shepherds Team (Elders) gives spiritual focus and direction to the congregation
- Our Governing Board is the administrative team that handles the operational and policy matters of the church
- Our Deacons Team seeks to meet the needs of those who are sick or facing special physical issues
David (and Marina) Riemenschneider
Dr. David Riemenschneider has been the Lead Pastor since April 1978. David and his wife, Marina, have two married sons, and five grandchildren. David regularly teaches at the weekend worship hour, leads the Men’s groups and oversees the church staff. Marina serves as the Women’s Break Bible study teacher and PAK leader (5th/6th grade youth group). David and Marina met at Nyack College (New York). David graduated with a Master’s degree in education from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. He also completed a Master’s degree in psychology and earned a Doctor’s degree from Denver Seminary. Marina was trained as a elementary school teacher and has taught in both private and public school. Besides David and Marina’s love for serving people in the community, they also enjoy hiking, biking, and reading. David enjoys making wood creations in the garage. Marina loves being Italian, which means she enjoys hospitality, cooking, and living life enthusiastically.
Bill (and Nancy) Calvin
Dr. Bill Calvin became the Associate Pastor in 2003. Bill and his wife, Nancy, have two adult children and two grandchildren. Bill oversees the church’s adult education, the Alpha programs, ushers, prayer teams, and community outreach events. Bill graduated from Malone College (Ohio), earned a Master’s degree in education at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, and a Doctor of Ministry from Fuller Theological Seminary (California). Nancy has a Master’s degree in mathematics from the University of Akron. Bill is an avid runner and is attempting to qualify for the Boston Marathon. He has a love for reading, running, telling jokes, and laughing a lot. Nancy works at an insurance company and co-leads the Alpha food team, serves on a worship team, and is a mentor.
Daniel (and Amy) Riemenschneider
Administrative Pastor – NextGen & Communications
Daniel Riemenschneider has served since 2004. Daniel leads the children and youth staff team, inspiring a safe and welcoming environment for ages 0-18. Daniel also supports the church’s communications and organizational administration. Daniel attended Toccoa Falls College (Georgia) and completed a Master’s degree in Educational Ministries and a second degree in Counseling at Wheaton Graduate School. Daniel married Amy in 2010. They love drinking coffee, spending time with their three children, going to local parks and forest preserves, and having family dance parties. Daniel also enjoys listening to books and music, exploring the outdoors, and climbing the Rocky Mountains. Amy enjoys being a mom, a registered nurse, crafting, and serving in the youth ministry.
Dan (and Amber) Marcello
Young Families Pastor
Dan and Amber rejoined the staff at Bloomingdale Church in July 2019. They serve with the young families and oversee missions responsibilities throughout the church. Dan is originally from NY and completed his MA in TESOL at Wheaton Graduate School, while Amber is from St. Paul, MN and has a BA in Bible & Intercultural Studies from Crown College. They met on a mission trip to Ecuador in 2007 and married in May 2008. Dan & Amber previously served as the Children’s Pastors at Bloomingdale Church from 2009-2013 and were sent as International Workers with the C&MA in Mexico from 2013-2019. They have one daughter, Renata, whom they adopted while living in Mexico. The Marcellos enjoy walking, reading, playing board games, eating Mexican food, visiting new places, and spending quality time with people.
Daniel first joined the Bloomingdale Church family as the Young Adult Intern during the Fall semester of 2018. After graduating from Crown College with his BA in Pastoral Leadership in 2019, Daniel came back to Bloomingdale to serve as the Youth Director and is working towards his MDiv at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, IL. Daniel was born in Evanston, IL but after several years moved to Omaha, NE with his parents and brother. Then during his Junior year of high school, Daniel and his family started going to a C&MA church where God started to call him to ministry mainly through a mission trip to Cleveland, OH through Envision. Daniel enjoys coffee, taking walks, reading, writing, watching movies, sports, and especially watching Husker Football!
Morgan (and Mickey) Lang
Children’s Ministry Director
Morgan and Mickey grew up in Colorado and came to know Christ at an early age. Morgan was active in Sunday school, Awana, and children’s church which gave her a firm foundation in who God is and what the Bible says. She is very excited to be serving as Children’s Ministry Director starting August 2017 and hopes to help support the amazing programs in place and encourage young minds to seek Jesus. Morgan attended Colorado Christian University and graduated with a degree in Liberal Arts/Elementary Education. For the last six years, Morgan has been teaching, in the US as well as in the United Arab Emirates. Mickey is a student at Moody Bible Institute; he enjoys ultimate frisbee, playing games, watching movies, playing and listening to music, and all things nerdy. Morgan loves crafting, grammar, cooking/baking, reading, verse mapping, and bullet journaling. Morgan & Mickey have two kids, Adrian & Emery.
Scott (and Leah) Reed
Scott joined the Bloomingdale staff in November 2017. He grew up in Massachusetts, but came to Illinois in 2012 to study at Wheaton College. He graduated in May 2017 with a degree in Vocal Performance with elective studies in theater. Scott grew up in a Baptist church, but his grandparents were missionaries with the Alliance in Southeast Asia, so he has a love for both the denomination and Southeast Asian food, especially Vietnamese. In his free time, Scott also enjoys reading, going on walks, playing video games, listening to/writing/playing music, and serving as a performance coach for his college acapella group.
Nita (and Adrian) Widjaja
Nita grew up in Jakarta, Indonesia and moved to Chicago area to attend Illinois Institute of Art where she received her BFA in Media Design. She and her husband, Adrian, started attending Bloomingdale Church in February 2009 and got married later in 2010. After 10 years of being in Marketing, Nita started serving as the Office Administrator in August 2016. She supports the day-to-day operations and creates church communication pieces. In her free time, she loves traveling, going to musicals, trying different kinds of food, and belting out karaoke tunes.
Donna (and Rick) Freeman
Donna has worked in the office since 2008 as Administrative Assistant and has attended Bloomingdale Church since 1998. She and her husband Rick have four children and two grandchildren. She is the Women’s Ministry Director as well as the Nursery Coordinator. In her free time, she enjoys hiking, camping, traveling, bike riding, reading, fixing jigsaw puzzles, and being with her grandchildren. She also enjoys singing in the choir.
Lay LeadershipOur church lay leaders are accountable to have a personal life consistent with the standards of the Biblical leadership (1 Timothy 3). They are elected to these offices by the congregation. Our church is governed and guided by three different teams of lay leaders:
- Our Shepherds Team (Elders) gives spiritual focus and direction to the congregation.
- Our Governing Board is the administrative team that handles the operational and policy matters of the church.
- Our Deacon/Deaconess Team seeks to meet the needs of those who are sick or facing special physical issues.
The Shepherds Team
Primary focus: “priorities, people, prayer”
- The prayer intercessors for the church.
- Keep the church program focused on the spiritual priorities of the mission & vision statement.
- Shepherd each of the members spiritually.
- Give the pastors guidance/feedback to the staff.
- Approve new members and carry out church disciplinary issues.
- Oversee the selection of new pastors.
The Governing Board
Primary focus: “policy, purse, prayer”
- The prayer intercessors for the church.
- Maintain functional administrative policies for the church that keep the church on its mission and vision statement. This includes the management of the church properties, resources, and budget, including staff compensation.
- Keep legal records, including minutes and treasurer’s report of business meetings.
- Assure good stewardship of the church finances.
- Hold each of the board members and ministry group leaders in the church accountable to their designated responsibilities via the defined lines of authority.
The Deacons Team
Primary focus: “people, problems, prayer”
- The prayer intercessors for the church.
- Serve as a care team in meeting the needs of those who are sick, discouraged or have practical needs in the church.
- Support people in crisis, personal transitions, loss and coordinate the church family in meeting these needs.
- Administrate the Deacons (Benevolent) Fund.
- Prepare communion for the worship hours.
- Participate in outreach and welcoming activities including First Base Luncheons.