- Loving God and loving people are our great commandments.
- Prayer changes us and our circumstances.
- Developing fully devoted followers of Jesus is our Biblical mandate.
- We are commissioned to bring lost people to Jesus, here and around the world.
- We worship together on the weekend and through the week in our daily walk with Christ.
- A caring community is vital to a healthy church. We need friends who encourage us in our faith journey. We greatly benefit from practical service to others as well.
- Our small groups (ministry teams and study groups) emphasize Bible study, prayer, caring relationships and service to others.
- Our leaders are to be “servant-leaders” who are passionate for Christ’s kingdom.
- Our various ministries should reflect cultural relevance while remaining doctrinally pure
- Raising up our children and teenagers to become spiritually mature adults is our privilege and duty.
There is one God, who is infinitely perfect, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Jesus Christ is true God and true man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He died upon the cross as a substitutionary sacrifice, and all who believe in Him are justified by His shed blood. He arose from the dead according to the Scriptures. He is at the right hand of God as our great High Priest and will come again to establish His kingdom of righteousness and peace.
The Holy Spirit is a divine person, sent to indwell, guide, teach and empower the believer, and to convince the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment.
The Old and New Testaments, inerrant as originally given, were verbally inspired by God and are a complete revelation of God’s will for the salvation of people. They constitute the divine and only rule of Christian faith and practice.
Men and women were created in the image and likeness of God, but fell through disobedience, incurring both physical and spiritual death. All men and women are born with a sinful nature, are separated from the life of God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of Jesus Christ.
It is the will of God that each believer should be filled with the Holy Spirit and dedicated to the will of God. Provision is made in the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus Christ for the healing of the physical body.
Christ is the head of the church, which has been commissioned by Him to go into all the world presenting the Gospel. The local church is a body of believers who are joined together for worship, learning the Word of God, prayer, fellowship, proclamation of the Gospel, baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
[Adapted from our denomination’s doctrinal statement, the Christian & Missionary Alliance]
Bloomingdale Church has a rich heritage as a member of the Christian & Missionary Alliance. The C&MA is a Christ-honoring association of over 17,000 churches worldwide. The “Alliance” is a committed to the authority of the Scripture and to taking the Gospel to the whole world.
For 127 years, the Christian and Missionary Alliance has served the physical and spiritual needs of people in over 70 nations around the world. It has established churches, schools, hospitals, clinics, family centers and publishing houses. Over two million people are a part of this vibrant association.