We are a community of parents who want to strengthen our relationship with Jesus and our families, navigate parenting, and find encouraging friendships along the way.
YOUNG FAMILIES GROUPS
- Young Families Adult Ed Class – Sundays, 9:45-10:45am (Aug-May): Hang out, coffee and “second breakfast”, Bible study and prayer. Meets in Coffeehouse room. Our kids typically attend a Sunday School class.
- Gather – Wednesdays, 6:30-8pm (Sep-Apr): Hang out, light dinner, Bible study and prayer. Meets in grey house on campus. Our kids typically attend Awana Club.
- Home Small Groups – Meet in a home and typically includes a meal, Bible study and prayer.
- Family Backyard Barbecues
- Sunday Night Cookouts – First Sundays of June-Aug, 5:30-8:30pm. Meets in grassy knoll on church campus.
- Family Open Gym – Sundays 9:45-10:45, June-July. Conversations and coffee with other adults while your kiddos get out their energy.
MOM & ME PLAYGROUP
A morning of play, friendship, and conversation in the gym at Bloomingdale Church. All children through preschool age and their moms and/or caregivers welcome. Coffee for adults and light snack for kids. Free. First and third Wednesdays 9:30-11:00am – Bloomingdale Church Gymnasium: Enter southwest “264.Coffeehouse” doors
SPACES FOR YOUNG FAMILIES
We have set aside spaces for parents with infants during the weekend worship hours:
- Nursery: A caring, safe place for infants, crawlers, and toddlers. Staffed by screened, qualified volunteers. Lower level Nursery Wing.
- Parent-Infant Room: A glassed space adjacent to the sanctuary where you and your infant can participate in the worship hour.
- Live Video Feed – Children’s Theater Room: A contained space where you and your infant/toddler can view the service comfortably if they are not yet ready for the nursery or infant room. Lower level Nursery Wing.
KIDS & TEENS PROGRAMMING – NEXTGEN
NextGen is programming for 0-18 years old where kids and teens are always welcome, no matter what. We emphasize a place that’s safe, and parents appreciate that too.
- Awana Club – High-energy game time, large group, and learning about the Bible (Wed 6:45-8pm)
- Noah’s Ark Nursery – A safe and welcoming place for children, 0-3 (All weekend services and education hour)
- Children’s Church – Explore faith through story and freeplay (Sat 5:30pm: 4 – 4th grade, Sun 8:30 & 11am: 3 – 4th grade)
- PAK – 5th & 6th grade youth group developing friendships and applying Biblical truths to life (Sun 9:45am & Wed 6:45pm)
- Sunday School – Learn the Bible through stories, art, cooking, movies, games, and science experiments (Sun 9:45-10:45am)
- Crossroads Kids Club – After-school club with snack, games, Bible lesson, and small group (Tues 3:30-5pm, DuJardin School)
- Day Camp – Free camp where kids (completed K-6th) enjoy dramas, games, live music, crafts, fishing, and friends
- Friday Night Coffeehouse – A safe and welcoming youth community center every Friday Night (6:30-9:30pm)
- Sunday Morning Youth Group – Hang out, student-led worship and teaching (Sun, 9:30ish-10:45am
- Small Group & Bridge Groups – Students hanging out in family homes, building friendships and discussing the Bible
- The Mentoring Project – Inspiring men and women to become relational mentors to local youth.
FOR YOUR FAMILY
FAMILY BACKYARD BARBECUES
- Sat Jun 17, 3-7pm – 230 Lynbrook Dr, B’dale
(RSVP: Mark & Stacey R – firstname.lastname@example.org 630-740-0315)
- Sat July 15 – 26 Main St, Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
(RSVP: Matt & Monica H – email@example.com 630-660-8862)
- Sat July 29, 3-7pm – 954 Hill Crest Dr, Carol Stream
(RSVP: Billy & Allison M – firstname.lastname@example.org 630-204-0365)
- Sat Aug 19 – 1199 Westward Trail, Carol Stream
(RSVP: Ryan & Tina T – email@example.com 630-247-4302)
Hanging out, eating, kids playing, and building friendships. Please bring a side to share. RSVP via email/text encouraged.
SUMMER SUNDAY NIGHT COOKOUTS
Jun 4, Jul 2, Aug 6, 5:30-8:30pm
Families hanging out, playing lawn games, having a campfire. Bring your own meat and a side to share.
FAMILY OPEN GYM
Sundays 9:45-10:45, June-July
Conversations and coffee with other adults while your kiddos get out their energy. (At least one guardian must be present.) A family will “host” each Sunday.
Wednesdays 6:30-8pm – July 12, 19, 26
Families eat a home-cooked meal together. Kids enjoy their own supervised party, adults have real-life conversations about non-threatening questions. Consider bringing another family who is checking out church. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com.
PARTY IN THE PARK
Fri Aug 4, 5:30-7:30pm
Free party for your entire family at Sunnyside Park (across street from church) including food, music, sports tourneys, and “Gagaball.”
FOR YOUR KIDDOS
June 13-16 (Tuesday-Friday), 9:30am-12:45pm. Sign up: bloomingdalechurch.org/daycamp
Kids (completed K-6) enjoy dramas, games, live music, crafts, fishing, and new friends.
CHILDREN’S CHURCH & NURSERY
Sat 5:30pm: Nursery – Age 0-3 & Children’s Church – Age 4 – 4th grade
Sun 8:30 & 11am: Nursery – Age 0-3 & Children’s Church Age 3 – 4th grade
Wednesdays 6:30-8pm – May 17, 31, Jun 28, Jul 12, 26, Aug 9 (Meet in PAK room)
Going into 5th/6th grade this fall? Come hang out and have some ridiculous fun with friends.
Abby W, a mom from Carol Stream has been bringing her two children to the Mom & Me Playgroup. She shares:
Mom & Me Playgroup has quickly become a part of the week both my kids and I look forward to. My two-year-old loves to run around the gym and playing games with friends; I love that he has a fun place to burn some energy! In the stage of life I’m in, having friends to talk about the woes of potty training and teething babies with feels like a lifeline some days. Playgroup gives me the opportunity to build relationships with people in the same stage of life as me while our kids do the same, all in a safe environment.
The Mom & Me Playgroup is a morning of play, friendship, and conversation in the gym at Bloomingdale Church on the first and third Wednesdays (9:30-11am, Sep-May). All children through preschool age and their moms and/or caregivers welcome. Free coffee for adults and light snacks for kids are provided.
Sunday, May 7, 9am-noon
Starts with a free hot breakfast for your family & a casual “coffeeshop” spot for parents.
Never attended one of our programs or events? Pre-register here and shorten your time at check in! Have you attended a program or event in the past? No need to pre-register! Simply come to the Check In Desk between 8:45 and 9am to check in your child(ren).
This free event for ages 3 – 6th grade includes:
- A professional magic show
- Music led by the youth group teens
- Carnival games
- 0-3 year old childcare
How does KidsQuest celebrate the Spring? By packing all the fun of Day Camp into one morning! Spring Fest is a free annual event where kids ages 3 – 6th grade can come and have a fun, safe, and friend-filled morning. Highlights from last year include a building-wide scavenger hunt for “lost sheep,” face painting, and a message and skit given by our own Youth Pastor, Nate Kugel, and the Youth Group teens. This year, there is a professional Christian magician coming to teach kids a Bible lesson using practical illusions, as well as carnival games and crafts!
Bloomingdale Church strives to be a safe and welcoming place for your family. Each child must be checked in and out by an authorized adult. Volunteers must have attended Bloomingdale Church for at least 6 months and must be a NextGen Approved Volunteer.
Check out some highlights from Spring Fest 2016:
Adult Ed Spring 2017 Offerings (Mar 12 – May 28)
Community Building Classes
Begins with a simple breakfast, a time of friendship building, and prayer prior to the study. Classes are ongoing.
Defenders – Brown Parsonage Upper Level (Open to everyone)
We want to have a clear explanation for the hope that is within us (1 Peter 3:15). We aim to engage a secular world with the truth of the Gospel, using reason and love to “take every thought captive to Christ” (2 Corinthians 10:5). Wheaton College student Sean L leads the conversation.
Margins: Creating Space for Enjoyable Living – North Building Lower Level, Conference Room (Young Professionals)
Jesus set boundaries in order to live effectively. Drs. Henry Cloud and John Townsend wrote the 2-million-copy best-seller Boundaries and developed videos and discussion questions to help people take control of their lives. Pastor Bill Calvin leads the discussion.
1 and 2 Peter Bible Study – Common Grounds, East Room (Middle Ground)
Jesus prayed his followers would be in the world, but not of the world (John 17). Christians find it tough to do both well. Peter’s letters help Christians to live fully present (in the world), but appropriately counter-cultural (not of the world). Chad S leads the discussion.
Parenting Video Series – Coffeehouse (Young Families)
A community of parents becoming friends and strengthening our families. We are discussing the video series “Effective Parenting in a Defective World” while enjoying coffee and snacks. Billy & Allison M and Mark & Stacey R families lead the discussion.
Spanish Speaking Class – South Lobby
¿Es Español su primer idioma? Si su respuesta es, “Si”, queremos invitarle a nuestra clase. Domingos a las 9:45am en el South Lobby. Dirigada por Danny M y Ana T.
Classes meet for one semester only and are subject-centered and intergenerational.
The Knowledge of the Holy – Common Grounds, West Room
Greg M leads a study on this classic Christian book by A.W. Tozer. This book covers the attributes of God in-depth, such as the Eternality of God, God’s Omniscience, the Faithfulness of God, and the Mercy of God.
With Jesus from Jerusalem to Emmaus – Sanctuary
We are studying Jesus as the fulfillment of prophecy, Jesus as the Word of Life, and Jesus as the Judge. Vinod M leads the class.
Baptism Class – South Lobby (Sun Apr 2)
Have you declared your faith and been baptized as an adult? In this one hour, you will find out the details for our upcoming Easter weekend Baptism service. Writers and videographers will be present to help you prepare your story. Sign up here and/or show up on Sunday, April 2.