Monday Night Basketball & Bible Study
Beginning Mon Sep 12 @ 7pm
Monday Night Men
Beginning Mon Sep 19 @ 7:30pm
Friday Morning Men
1st & 3rd Fridays @ 9am
Saturday Morning Prayer
Every Sat @ 8am
Monday Night Men’s Basketball and Bible Study reconvenes on Mon, Sep 12 at 7pm. They have a brief Bible study led by Brent Steinke and then play basketball. Some of the guys wrap it up about 8:30pm and head home, some stick around and play until they drop. (Use lower level west doors.)
Monday Night Men reconvenes on Mon, Sep 19 at 7:30pm. They meet for a Bible study and prayer in the Youth Quad (Use lower level west doors.) They are starting off the fall with a three week video series “Tough As Nails” by Andy Stanley. Pastor David Riem. leads the interactive discussion.
Newcomers are always welcome in either group.
Friday Morning Men meets every 1st and 3rd Friday of the month at 9am for a brief Bible reflection and then to do handy work around the church property.
Saturday Morning Men’s Prayer meets every Saturday at 8am in the south lobby to pray for men’s families, friends, church, and the world.
Our Focus Statement:
- To help men to grow in their faith through interactive Bible study.
- To pray for our families, our church and our world.
- To encourage friendships among men.
- To work together in worthy service projects that help others.
Mentoring is “doing what needs to get done.” That’s what mentor Bill W says.
About five years ago Bloomingdale Church launched a mentoring initiative, inspired by The Mentoring Project. We have learned and been challenged:
- Adolescents who are placed in an active mentoring relationship reap huge benefits.
- There remains a healthy interest among adults in our church to train as mentors. (We have already trained more than 75 people.)
- Successfully placing mentors with mentees is currently our most challenging road-block.
Because mentoring is “what needs to be done”, we have set the following program adjustments into motion:
- Revitalizing our “Introduction to Mentoring” training: We are placing quarterly training dates on the calendar, and actively inviting people from our church and community to “come find out how to be a mentor.”
- Adolescent matching at Bloomingdale Church: We are reconsidering how to more successfully match adult mentors and teen mentees from our church.
- Supporting community-based mentoring initiatives: We are building partnerships with local community-based programs (e.g. local schools) to provide them with trained mentors to help fulfill their waiting lists.
- Serving while mentoring: We are fostering a “mentoring culture” within our church programs in which adults who volunteer alongside adolescents view themselves as a mentor (e.g. an adult Awana Leader serving alongside a teen Leader-In-Training).
Go to mentor.bloomingdalechurch.org to find out more about The Mentoring Project, including expressing interest in being a mentor or being mentored.
Tuesdays at Morning Break (9am) and Evening Break (7pm) an energetic group of women connect for friendship, support and practical lessons from the Bible. Each week, over ninety women gather in the Common Grounds Room at Bloomingdale Church, led by Marina Riemenschneider, former public school teacher and veteran instructor of children and adult groups.
This fall, the women are studying the New Testament book of James, a short and sweet book of five chapters packed with practical insights for women. The Morning Break and Evening Break gatherings are open groups that are welcoming newcomers continually. If you want to study the Bible in a caring, friendly environment, please come. (Enter via the front north double doors.) There is child care available in the Morning Break group.
Monday Night Men’s groups meet every Monday night. A men basketball and study group led by Brent Steinke meets in the gymnasium at 7pm every Monday. The 7:30pm group meets in the Coffeehouse. This fall, the 7:30pm group will be viewing a short video segment from Andy Stanley’ entitled “Follow.” A group discussion led by Pastor David follows. For both groups enter the lower level south doors at the sign marked (Gym & Coffeehouse.)
Bible Study & Prayer
7:30pm in the 264 Coffeehouse. (Enter the lower level gym coffeehouse door where there is a big “264” sign.) Pastor David leaders this group for men 18 years and up.
Basketball & Bible Study
7pm in the gym. Group is led by Brent Steinke for men (18 years and older.) Includes a short Bible study and then play a pick up game of basketball.