Matthew 1:21 – “She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”
Advent & Christmas Services Schedule
During Advent 2017, we turn to the narrative of Jesus’ birth in Matthew 1:21-24, to rediscover some practical lessons that will help us experience the holidays with joy and hope. Whether you consider yourself a religious person or not, whether you are familiar with church or it’s been many years, or you never attended at all, we invite you to come and worship with us this Christmas season. Bloomingdale Church is a community church that welcomes people from many backgrounds and includes the full spectrum of ages from “millennials” to “builders.” We have lots of young families with small children, middle families, empty-nesters through seniors, including several notably active members well into their 90s.
Sat Dec 2 & Sun Dec 3
First weekend of Advent: Sat 5:30pm, Sun 8:30am & Sun 11am
Sat Dec 9 & Sun Dec 10
Second weekend of Advent: Sat 5:30pm, Sun 8:30am & Sun 11am
Sat Dec 16 & Sun Dec 17
Third weekend of Advent: Sat 5:30pm, Sun 8:30am & Sun 11am
The (5th & 6th grade group) presents a Christmas play as part of the worship hour. On Sat Dec 16, there is also a free dinner following the PAK Play in the Common Grounds.
Sat Dec 23, 5:30pm & Sun Dec 24, 11pm – Christmas Candlelight services
This one-hour service includes singing Christmas carols, a short message, and a community candle lighting while singing Christmas carols. We want children of all ages to feel included in our Christmas services. All children will be given a “Christmas activity packet.” Nursery & Children’s Church (age 3 – 4th grade) is available at Saturday 5:30pm service. Parents/guardians are given choice if they prefer their children to participate in entire service or in children’s programming.
Sun Dec 24, 11am – Christmas Carols & Choir Service
This one-hour service includes singing Christmas carols with the choir and a short message. It is different from the 5:30pm/11pm service. All children will be given a “Christmas activity packet.” Nursery & Children’s Church (age 3 – 4th grade) available. Parents/guardians are given choice if they prefer their children to participate in entire service or in children’s programming.
Additional Christmas Events
- Teen Coffeehouse Holiday Volleyball Tourney: Fri Dec 1, 6:30-9:30pm. Sign-up a team of 6>>
- Crossroads Christmas Play & Cookie Reception: Tue Dec 19, 5pm – DuJardin School
- Men’s Serving Project: Sat Dec 16, 10am-noon
- PAK Christmas Play: Sat Dec 16, 5:30pm (with free dinner to follow) & Sun Dec 17, 8:30 & 11am
- Youth Group Christmas Party: Fri Dec 15, 6:30-9:30pm. Bring white elephant gift
- Parents Hangout: Sun Dec 17, 9:45am – Coffeehouse. Drop off your kiddos, enjoy hot drinks & yummy goodies
- Young Adults Christmas Party: Thu Dec 21, 7-9:30pm
Children & Youth Programming
- Sunday School/PAK/Youth Group: Sundays 9:45-10:45am – Age 3+
No Sunday School – Nov 26 (baptism), Dec 24 , Dec 31
- Awana Club: Wednesdays 6:45-8pm. Register>> Every Wednesday night. with Christmas recess on Dec 27 and Jan 3.