Bloomingdale Church welcomes all kids who have completed Kindergarten through the 6th grade (2016-17) to our annual Day Camp on June 13-16, 2017 from 9:30am-12:45pm. Register now or complete paper form at the main office or on first day attending camp (264 Glen Ellyn Rd, Bloomingdale).
Kids love the games, crafts, fishing, and story times with their grade level class, and the high-energy large group program with drama and music. This year’s nature theme, “Friendship National Park,” encourages children to be a friend in order to have good friends. Day Camp promotes the qualities of Character Counts (trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship). Bloomingdale Church has been offering Day Camp as a free service to the community for 38 years.
Past Camp highlights include a youth band, animated story times, tie-dyed t-shirt crafts, group games outside in the sunshine, fishing at nearby Westlake Park, and free iced coffee for adults at check-in.
Bloomingdale Church prioritizes the safety of the children, teens, and families we serve. Volunteers are carefully vetted. Secure daily check-in and check-out of children is required. If you have any questions, contact Bloomingdale Church: (630) 894-0090 or email@example.com.
Every child must be checked-in by an adult at our outside lower level (west side) portico entrance between 9-9:30am. Adult will receive matching security tag. Adult may walk child to their classroom.
- First Day: We will collect your registration, make a key card for you, and print a name tag for your child. (We encourage you to registration online to shorten the check-in time.)
- Daily Check-in: Every child must be checked-in by an adult.
Adults Welcome Too
After you check-in your child, stop by the “Guest Hospitality” tent for a free cup of iced coffee and treat. You (and your younger children) are also invited to watch the Opening Program (Tue – Thu, 9:45am & Fri 12pm).
Tues/Wed/Thurs 12:45pm: Follow signs to child’s classroom.
Fri 12pm: Please join us for our closing program in the sanctuary. At 12:45pm, instructions will be given for you to check-out your child.
For your child’s safety, an adult with the child’s matching security label must picked up as follows:
- Adult worker collects matching security labels. An image of the security label sent via smart phone is accepted.
- Child exits with adult.
If security label is misplaced or a different designated adult is picking up, please stop by the Day Camp office to receive security label: 1) Display driver’s license/ID 2) Name must appear as parent, emergency contact, or designated adult at check-in (or we will call to verify 3) Receive security tag.
In addition to Day Camp, your family is invited to events all summer, including:
- Party in Park – Free party for your entire family at Sunnyside Park (across street from church)
including food, music, water balloons, games, and Gagaball. Fri Aug 4, 5:30-7:30pm
- Friendship Parties – Families eat a home-cooked meal together. Kids enjoy their own supervised party, while adults enjoy real-life conversations to non-threatening questions – Wednesdays 6:30-8pm – July 12,19, 26
- PAK Parties – Going into 5th/6th grade this fall? Come hang out and have some ridiculous fun with friends. Wednesdays 6:30-8pm – May 17, 31, Jun 28, July 12, 26, Aug 9 (Meet in PAK room)
- Family Open Gym – Conversations and coffee with other adults while your kiddos get out their energy. Sundays 9:45-10:45, June-July.
- Children’s Church & Nursery – A safe and welcoming place for infants/toddlers (Nursery) and 3/4 years to 4th grade (Children’s Church) every Saturday 5:30 and Sunday 8:30 & 11am during the weekend worship hour.
- Friday Night Coffeehouse – A safe and welcoming youth community center every Friday Night for students going into 7-12th grade. Fridays, 6:30-9:30pm
- Jr High Bridge Group – Going into 7th/8th grade this fall? We’re hanging out and being friends together. Wednesdays 6:30-8pm – Jun 7, 21, July 5, 19, Aug 16. (Meet at Chelsea & Jarrod’s – Brown house on campus, lower level)