Thank you for joining us today at Day Camp 2016 – “Passport Around the World.” You’re probably hearing your kids singing their Day Camp songs at home, like “Pharaoh Pharaoh,” “The 10 Commandment Boogie,” and “JESUS” (If your kid chants “Give me a “J”!” just respond with “You’ve got your J, you’ve got your J!”)
On June 14-17, we had a great time playing games, singing, learning Bible stories, and making crafts with all of our campers. Some of our Day Camp highlights include:
- Hundreds of children being checked-in and out speedy each day.
- Adult guests joining us for the opening session, after stopping by the “Guest Hospitality” tent for a free cup of iced coffee.
- Throughout the week, we learned the 10 Commandments, like putting God first in our lives, not to lie, or to steal.
- Our Team USA coach gave tips on how to “Go for the Gold.”
- Superheroes, like The Avengers and Quest Woman, joined us at Opening Session to help us learn the 10 Commandments.
- Singing and jumping along with the Day Camp Band.
- Playing outside games like water balloon toss and relay races in the sunshine.
Thank you to all of the volunteers who made Day Camp possible. We can’t wait to see you at Day Camp 2017!