Volunteer at Food Pantry
Life can be hard, but you don’t have to do it alone. We seek to help people in the same way that Jesus reminded: “I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me drink.” (Matthew 25:35)
Bloomingdale Church’s Food Pantry, located at 260 & 264 Glen Ellyn Rd, is a volunteer-led team that functions completely from donated items and funds. Whether a need for food or a need to give some, our Food Pantry facilitates neighbors helping neighbors, building community.
If you are interested in serving with this dynamic ministry and being an encouragement to your community, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. There are different roles available:
- Driver: We receive multiple donations throughout the week from retail partners. We are always working to make arrangements with additional vendors. Our food pantry van is available for use for food recovery trips. Volunteers will be provided with a scheduled date, time, and location. All pickups are local. Donations will be collected during the week. Carts are available to aid in the transition of groceries from van to pantry. Once inside pantry location, items should be shelved in the appropriate location.
- Packers/Distribution: Please arrive promptly for your scheduled shift. Distribution packages will be prepared on Friday nights and finalized on Saturday mornings. Distribution to vehicle trunks or back seats requires use of social distancing, masks, and ability to lift approximately 5-10 lb. bags.
- Friday shift 6-8pm
- Saturday shift 8am-1pm
- Saturday distribution 10am-12pm
- Food Pantry Assistant: Support the Food Pantry Organizer. Reach out to church attendees & members as a loving gesture to show the love of Christ, visit, and determine if assistance is needed.
- Co-leader: We are looking for someone to cross-train and share in the responsibilities of managing the operations of the Food Pantry. This requires:
- communication with Organizer, Staff & Volunteers
- scheduling volunteers
- preparing signage
- keeping records of distributions