Fundraising Update – BCYouth

Hey BC Youth Fam,

Based on the questions we’ve started to receive, we’re assuming that you’re wondering what’s happening with the Plant Sale fundraiser. Given the fact that the shelter-in-place order has been extended through the end of April (and we don’t know for sure when it’s going to end), it’s no longer possible for us to move forward with the fundraiser.

We are working on other options for fundraising! We are in contact with “I Have A Bean” coffee about doing another fundraiser with them. Your teens could start selling the product now – via phone calls, emails, etc – and the eventual delivery could mark an “end of quarantine celebration” 🙂

We realize that many of your teens were planning to use funds generated from the Plant Sale toward the Cleveland trip, which as of now is still scheduled for July 10th-19th. We have been in contact with both the national Envision team leadership and the Cleveland site leadership. This past Wednesday, DW received word which provided two important updates: 

  • Each trip is being looked at individually with a decision being made 40 days prior to the arrival date (the decision will be made by May 31st for our trip).
  • All trips scheduled from April 1st-August 31st will be 100% refunded if the trip is canceled by either National leadership, Site coordinator, or Ministry Partner (Bloomingdale Church). If you would like to read Envision’s official statement, visit

Daniel will be reaching out personally to the parents of each student who has signed up to go on this trip in the coming week. He wants to hear your concerns and hopes as we approach the summer.

With new updates coming up each day, we will continue to provide you with any new information we receive. The April payment deadline has been removed; and if we determine that we will be moving forward with the trip, students will only owe money at the final deadline (as scheduled).

If the decision to cancel the trip happens, you will be able to receive a full refund. Additionally, if we are unable to go to Cleveland, we will work on planning a service project that we can do in our community once our shelter-in-place is lifted.

As always, please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions. We’re here for you! (If you want some suggestions for how to contact customers who have already submitted their orders and money, we can provide an example).


Chelsea & Daniel