Imago DEI Course
Feb-Mar via Zoom – Date TBD
“God created us in his own image” (Genesis 1:27). The Creator of every detail of our universe magnificently designed us to reflect Him in our moral, spiritual, and intellectual essence. The doctrine of the Imago Dei is a driver of who we are and how we are to value every person as equally made in God’s image.
The past year has been essential in bringing racial equality to the forefront of conversation in our nation and communities. At the individual level, our experiences of racial injustice are not equal. And still, we are each accountable for our actions.
In this course, we will:
- Look for opportunities to increase the value of others
- Celebrate God’s design for diversity – people from every nation, tribe, people and language (Revelation 7:9)
- Work toward being more compassionately engaged in our community
- Seek to follow the model of Christ by first living with humility as we navigate inequalities and affirm diversity (Romans 12:3-5).
The weekly design of this course is both content presentation and a coaching group:
- Check-in on individuals goals set and actions taken
- Content (from different presenters) and discussion
- Participants share new awareness and set a new goal for the week
Daniel Riemenschneider facilitates this course, with assistance from multiple presenters.