Jesus said in Mark 10:45 that the “Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve and give his life for many.” That means following Jesus includes serving others. The Green Bay OnMission Trip is a chance for students to gain the experience of serving with each other. During the trip we will support local organizations to serve their community at soup kitchens, run a Day Camp, and serve in cleanup and landscaping projects. That’s our plan as we go OnMission!
July 24-29, 2016 – Green Bay, Wisconsin
Current 7th and 8th grade students
Go to: storiesof.us/onmissiontrip
What will be doing?
- Partner with local organizations to meet ongoing needs in the community.
- Students may serve all or part of the week at a food pantry, clothing distribution center, soup kitchen, children’s program, landscaping and grounds work, or elderly care facilities.
- Running a Day Camp (VBS) for K-6th graders, including crafts, group games, performing skits, teaching Bible lessons, leading a certain age group of kids around to the different stations
- Students will be encouraged to connect with God through morning devos, evening worship gatherings and small groups.
- Students will hopefully experience the joy of serving others and gain experience for their journey as Christians.