BCYouth264 Newsletter – September
This past August was a month of transition for our teens, as many started the new school year – some with e-learning, some with a mix, and some in person. With this transition came some exciting opportunities for BCYouth264. We continued to meet outside for Youth Group and Girl / Guy Hangouts; and we got to see our very own Kendall Hughes get baptized during one of the outdoor services! On the 29th Chelsea led a Zoom training about the Discipleship Initiative; and we hosted our Youth Leader Recognition Night, which was a chance for us to celebrate our awesome youth leaders and to invite some new people to join us in ministry. In typical fashion, it involved fun, food, and a focus on the Lord. We also got to hangout, play games, and share our vision for this year with the teens and their parents at our Fall KickOff! We know that God has great things in store for us this Fall! (please see schedule below). We’re excited about being able to invite our teens to participate in the IPSAT Course with Chelsea (from Sep 20-Nov 1)! This is a wonderful chance for our teens to better understand who God made them to be. You can also find all of this info and more! at bloomingdalechurch.org/teens.
Quick Overview of Changes
- YG is now on Sunday Nights
- 6-7:45pm Junior High
- 7:15-9pm High School
- Teen hangout and outreach opportunities are Fridays at the church from 7-8:30pm (see schedule below for details)
- ***This will be where you’ll find updates about changes of location or cancellation by 4:00 on the day of the event – for example, if the weather is bad and we’re switching to Zoom
- We sent a test of the “emergency alert system” on Aug 31. If you did not receive a text or email from us, please fill out this form.
Opportunities To Serve
- Youth Group
- Community and Outreach Events
- Special Events
- Discipleship Initiative
- *If you haven’t already, please fill out the NextGen Application.
- Big Brother / Sister (serve 1-2x a month) – Be intentional about making kids feel special by connecting 1-2x a month with 2-3 kids. See the Awana Leader Handbook for more details
- Awana Z Leader (serve Wednesdays from 6:15-7:15pm) – Lead kids in fun activities, Bible lessons and discussion, and help them with their handbooks on Zoom.
- Monthly Check-Ins (first Wed. of each month, 6:30-8pm) – Help distribute awards, supplies, and prizes to kids and families.
- If you’re interested in helping with skits for children’s church, contact Pastor David at email@example.com
- *If you plan to serve in the kids’ ministry this year (2020-2021) please make sure that you’ve completed the NextGen Application.
- Sep 4: Junior High Event – Capture the Flag 7-8:30pm meet between the parsonages
- Sep 11: Guy / Girl Hangouts – 7-8:30pm meet separately at the church
- Sep 13: Youth Group – Junior High 6-7:45pm / High School 7:15-9pm under the portico
- Sep 18: High School Event – Capture the Flag 7-8:30pm meet between the parsonages
- Sep 20: IPSAT – 10-11am on Zoom
- Sep 20: Youth Group – Junior High 6-7:45pm / High School 7:15-9pm under the portico
- Sep 25: All Youth Event – Capture the Flag 7-8:30pm Grade 7-12 – meet between the parsonages
- Sep 27: Youth Group – Junior High 6-7:45pm / High School 7:15-9pm under the portico
PARENTS & VOLUNTEERS
As always, if you have any questions please reach out to the Youth Staff – we’re here for you and we’re better together