- Our Shepherds Team (Elders) gives spiritual focus and direction to the congregation
- Our Governing Board is the administrative team that handles the operational and policy matters of the church
- Our Deacons Team seeks to meet the needs of those who are sick or facing special physical issues
David (& Marina) Riemenschneider
Dr. David Riemenschneider has been the Lead Pastor since April 1978. David and his wife, Marina, have two married sons, and six grandchildren. David regularly teaches at the weekend worship hour, leads the Men’s groups and oversees the church staff. Marina serves as the Women’s Break Bible study teacher and PAK leader (5th/6th grade youth group). David and Marina met at Nyack College (New York). David graduated with a Master’s degree in education from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. He also completed a Master’s degree in psychology and earned a Doctor’s degree from Denver Seminary. Marina has been an elementary school teacher t in both private and public schools. Besides David and Marina’s love for serving the community, they also enjoy hiking, biking, and reading. David enjoys making wood creations in the garage. Marina loves being Italian, which means she enjoys hospitality, cooking, and living life enthusiastically.
Bill (& Nancy) Calvin
Dr. Bill Calvin became the Associate Pastor in 2003. Bill and his wife, Nancy, have two married children and three grandchildren. Bill oversees the church’s adult education, the Alpha programs, ushers, prayer teams, and community outreach events. Bill graduated from Malone College (Ohio), earned a Master’s degree in education at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, and a Doctor of Ministry from Fuller Theological Seminary (California). Nancy has a Master’s degree in mathematics from the University of Akron. Bill is an avid runner and recently qualified for the Boston Marathon. He has a love for reading, running, telling jokes, and laughing a lot. Nancy works at an insurance company and co-leads the Alpha food team, serves on a worship team, and is a mentor.
Daniel (& Amy) Riemenschneider
Daniel Riemenschneider has served at Bloomingdale Church since 2004 in roles including youth, NextGen, leadership development, community engagement, and communications/media. Daniel is passionate about awakening individuals to who they are and what they are aligned to do—to achieve their design. Daniel attended Toccoa Falls College (Georgia) and completed a Master’s degree in Educational Ministries and a second degree in Counseling at Wheaton Graduate School. Daniel is an IPSAT Certified Coach and an Associate Certified Coach (candidate). Daniel married Amy in 2010 and they love drinking coffee, spending time with their three children, and going to local parks and forest preserves. Daniel also enjoys listening to books, exploring the outdoors, and climbing the rocky mountains. Amy enjoys being a mom, a registered nurse, crafting, and serving in the youth ministry.
Daniel first joined the Bloomingdale Church family as the Young Adult Intern during the Fall semester of 2018. After graduating from Crown College with his BA in Pastoral Leadership in 2019, Daniel came back to Bloomingdale to serve as the Youth Director and is working towards his MDiv at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, IL. Daniel was born in Evanston, IL but after several years moved to Omaha, NE with his parents and brother. Then during his Junior year of high school, Daniel and his family started going to a C&MA church where God started to call him to ministry mainly through a mission trip to Cleveland, OH through Envision. Daniel enjoys coffee, taking walks, reading, writing, watching movies, sports, and especially watching Husker Football!
Chelsea (& Chris) Reinhold
Chelsea grew up in Massachusetts and went to Wheaton College in 2009 where she received her BA in Psychology. She returned home after graduating and started volunteering as a youth group leader where she discovered her passion for discipleship. Chelsea and Chris met while working at Trader Joe’s and married in July 2016. Chelsea received her MA in Counseling from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in December 2019. In January 2020, the Reinholds followed God’s call to Bloomingdale Church where Chelsea will be serving as the Youth Discipleship Co-Director. Chelsea enjoys singing, making music with her siblings, cooking, going on walks and exploring the outdoors, creating arts & crafts, and spending intentional time with others.
Children’s Ministry Director
Kristen was born in Ohio and grew up in Georgia, Tennessee, and Louisiana. Moving frequently gave her a love for exploring new places. One of her first adventures was volunteering with her church’s VBS at the young age of 12, and she has been serving with kids ever since. As she served, God confirmed her passion to spend her life sharing the Gospel with His precious children. In 2017, she moved to Chicago to study Children & Family Ministry at Moody Bible Institute and graduated in 2021. She joined Bloomingdale Church shortly after graduation. Her favorite pastimes are reading, painting, exploring Chicago, running, and most of all, bouldering.
Scott (& Leah) Reed
Scott joined the Bloomingdale staff in November 2017. He grew up in Massachusetts, but came to Illinois in 2012 to study at Wheaton College. He graduated in May 2017 with a degree in Vocal Performance with elective studies in theater. Scott grew up in a Baptist church, and his grandparents were missionaries with the Alliance in Southeast Asia, so he has a love for both the denomination and Southeast Asian food, especially Vietnamese. Scott married Leah in June 2019. In his free time, Scott also enjoys reading, going on walks, playing video games, listening to/writing/playing music, and serving as a performance coach for his college acapella group.
Aaron is currently pursuing a degree in Pastoral Leadership at Crown College. This fall, he will be serving in various capacities, including Children’s Ministry, youth programs, and Alpha. Aaron is eager to learn as much as he can while being an intern at Bloomingdale Church. Some of his favorite things to do being a true Texan is to go to any Whataburger whenever he gets the chance, play football & basketball, and eat tacos whenever he’s back home in Brownsville, TX.
Nita (& Adrian) Widjaja
Nita grew up in Jakarta, Indonesia and moved to Chicago area to attend Illinois Institute of Art where she received her BFA in Media Design. She and her husband, Adrian, started attending Bloomingdale Church in February 2009 and got married later in 2010. After 10 years of being in Marketing, Nita started serving as the Office Administrator in August 2016 and later as Office Manager in March 2021. She supports the day-to-day operations and creates church communication pieces. Nita loves finding typos, exploring art museums, traveling, going to musicals, and belting out karaoke tunes.
Donna (& Rick) Freeman
Donna has worked in the office since 2008 as Administrative Assistant and has attended Bloomingdale Church since 1998. She and her husband Rick have four children and two grandchildren. She is the Women’s Ministry Director as well as the Nursery Coordinator. In her free time, she enjoys hiking, camping, traveling, bike riding, reading, fixing jigsaw puzzles, and being with her grandchildren. She also enjoys singing in the choir.
Our church lay leaders are accountable to have a personal life consistent with the standards of the Biblical leadership (1 Timothy 3). They are elected to these offices by the congregation. Our church is governed and guided by three different teams of lay leaders:
- Our Shepherds Team (Elders) gives spiritual focus and direction to the congregation.
- Our Governing Board is the administrative team that handles the operational and policy matters of the church.
- Our Deacon/Deaconess Team seeks to meet the needs of those who are sick or facing special physical issues.
The Shepherds Team
Primary focus: “priorities, people, prayer”
- The prayer intercessors for the church.
- Keep the church program focused on the spiritual priorities of the mission & vision statement.
- Shepherd each of the members spiritually.
- Give the pastors guidance/feedback to the staff.
- Approve new members and carry out church disciplinary issues.
- Oversee the selection of new pastors.
The Governing Board
Primary focus: “policy, purse, prayer”
- The prayer intercessors for the church.
- Maintain functional administrative policies for the church that keep the church on its mission and vision statement. This includes the management of the church properties, resources, and budget, including staff compensation.
- Keep legal records, including minutes and treasurer’s report of business meetings.
- Assure good stewardship of the church finances.
- Hold each of the board members and ministry group leaders in the church accountable to their designated responsibilities via the defined lines of authority.
The Deacons Team
Primary focus: “people, problems, prayer”
- The prayer intercessors for the church.
- Serve as a care team in meeting the needs of those who are sick, discouraged or have practical needs in the church.
- Support people in crisis, personal transitions, loss and coordinate the church family in meeting these needs.
- Administrate the Deacons (Benevolent) Fund.
- Prepare communion for the worship hours.
- Participate in outreach and welcoming activities including First Base Luncheons.