NextGen Programming – How we are striving to be both safe & welcoming
Dear NextGen families & volunteers:
We wanted to communicate to you how we are striving to be both safe and welcoming in our NextGen programs. These guidelines were developed by fellow parents/grandparents/neighbors who live in this community. Additionally, these three priorities guide our procedures:
- To love our neighbors (Matthew 22:39)
- To protect all of the people in our care (Romans 14:12-23)
- To follow the guidance of our community and leadership (Romans 13:1-7).
Here is how we are continuing to provide a healthy community for everyone participating in any NextGen program at Bloomingdale Church:
Masks will continue to be required for all participants and volunteers during any inside NextGen programming. Mask wearing is optional when the programming occurs outdoors.
Wellness pre-certification will continue to be requested for all NextGen participants and volunteers as follows:
- BCKids & PAK: Parents will be asked to acknowledge that they can answer no to both COVID-19 questions at the BCKids check-in desk before receiving their name tag
- Youth Group: Students will continue to be asked to acknowledge that they can answer no to both COVID-19 questions when signing in to their program
The two COVID-19 questions are:
- Has this individual experienced any fever (greater than 100.4 degrees) or experienced any of the following COVID-19 symptoms in the past 24 hours: chills, muscle or body aches, sore throat, cough, new congestion, runny nose, shortness of breath, fatigue, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of taste or smell?
- Has this individual had a close contact** in the last 14 days with someone with a diagnosis of COVID-19? (**A “close contact” is someone who was within 6 feet of an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period.)
CHECKING IN / CHECKING OUT
Ages 0 – 3rd grade: Check in at the BCKids check-in desk and adult check out child via matching security code
PAK (4th-6th grade): Check in at the BCKids check-in desk
Youth Group: Check in at Coffeehouse hallway for weekend programming
Coming soon: Parents can pre-check in their children to their program via the Bloomingdale Church mobile app and then proceed directly to pick up their child’s name tag and security tag at the BCKids check-in desk.
Every volunteer who serves your child/student has met the following NextGen volunteer requirements:
- Be a safe person who loves God and others
- Have character that is known publicly and privately, including regularly attending Bloomingdale Church for at least six months
- Read and follow the NextGen Volunteer Policy
- Complete annual NextGen Volunteer Application, which includes background check and reference checks, and character questions
- Receive final approval from NextGen program staff