Crossroads Kids Club
Fun – Friends – Faith – Free!
Crossroads Kids Club is a free after-school program for students that attend DuJardin Elementary School and Erickson Elementary School (Bloomingdale, IL) that teaches values such as respect, responsibility, and caring for others. All students kindergarten to 5th grade enjoy snack, games, Bible lesson, and small group.
2021-2022 School Year
- In-Person Option (onsite at Bloomingdale Church)
Tuesdays, 4:30-5:30pm (Sep 28-Apr 26)
- E-Learning Option
Wednesdays, 4:30-5:15pm (Sep 29-Apr 27)
Crossroads Kids Club is an exciting, fun-filled after-school kids club where kids can hang out with their friends, make new friends, play games, and learn exciting Bible lessons and activity bags. Register now because clubs fill up fast!
Safe & Welcoming in our Clubs
We wanted to communicate to you how we are striving to be both safe and welcoming in our NextGen (children & teen) programming at Bloomingdale Church. These guidelines were developed by fellow parents/grandparents/neighbors who live in this community. Additionally, these three priorities guide our procedures:
- To love our neighbors (Matthew 22:39)
- To protect all of the people in our care (Romans 14:12-23)
- To follow the guidance of our community and leadership (Romans 13:1-7).
Here is how we are continuing to provide a healthy community for everyone participating in any NextGen program at Bloomingdale Church:
Masks will continue to be required for all participants and volunteers during any inside NextGen programming. Mask wearing is optional when the programming occurs outdoors.
Wellness pre-certification will continue to be requested for all NextGen participants and volunteers as follows:
- BCKids & PAK: Parents will be asked to acknowledge that they can answer no to both COVID-19 questions at the BCKids check-in desk before receiving their name tag
- Youth Group: Students will continue to be asked to acknowledge that they can answer no to both COVID-19 questions when signing in to their program
The two COVID-19 questions are:
- Has this individual experienced any fever (greater than 100.4 degrees) or experienced any of the following COVID-19 symptoms in the past 24 hours: chills, muscle or body aches, sore throat, cough, new congestion, runny nose, shortness of breath, fatigue, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of taste or smell?
- Has this individual had a close contact** in the last 14 days with someone with a diagnosis of COVID-19? (**A “close contact” is someone who was within 6 feet of an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period.)
Every volunteer who serves your child/student has met the following NextGen volunteer requirements:
- Be a safe person who loves God and others
- Have character that is known publicly and privately, including regularly attending Bloomingdale Church for at least six months
- Read and follow the NextGen Volunteer Policy
- Complete annual NextGen Volunteer Application, which includes background check and reference checks, and character questions
- Receive final approval from NextGen program staff