Our Nursery volunteers like your kids. They will hold your baby or stack blocks with your crawler. They will play trains, prepare a snack, and make up silly stories for your toddler. They will do all this because they like your kids, and they love Jesus.
We hope we can assist you as you help your child learn about Jesus. That’s why we are using the Bible App Storybook Curriculum:
- The Bible Story App curriculum is designed to be used at home, as well as in the Nursery.
- We focus on one Bible Story each month.
- In the Nursery Toddler Room, children will be read the story using the Bible App for Kids Storybook during the three services. During the Sunday education hour between services, a Nursery volunteer will choose a learning element from the Adventure Book.
We like this resource because it has multifaceted at-home activities and the materials are free:
- Bible App for Kids (App Store / Google Play)
- Parent Guides – Adventure Book Pages
- Video Episodes on YouTube or Bible Stories on YouTube / Life.Church Roku App
Looking for more info about Nursery and Pre-School age children programs at Bloomingdale Church? >>>
Mom & Me Playgroup
A morning of play, friendship, and conversation in the gym at Bloomingdale Church. All children through preschool age and their moms and/or caregivers welcome. Coffee for adults and light snack for kids. Free. First and third Wednesdays, 9:30-11am. Bloomingdale Church Gymnasium: Enter southwest “264.Coffeehouse” doors.
- For ages 0-3 years old. Available during all weekend services and Sunday education hour.
- 3 year olds may attend nursery or Children’s Church/Sunday School (per parental choice).
- Volunteers welcome children to story time and free play with toys, music, crafts, and books.
- Children are split: Infant/Crawler Room (not walking unassisted, typically under 12 months old) or Toddler Room (interested in active play, typically over 12 months old). Care, toys, activities, and snacks are tailored to your child.
- Click here to read Nursery policies.
- Sat 5:30pm: Age 4 – 4th grade; Sun 8:30 & 11am: Age 3 – 4th grade (Preschool Class: 3 years – Kindergarten; Elementary Class: 1st-4th grade). Meet in “West Nursery Room.”
- At the halfway point of every service, children are invited to Children’s Church. It is a special space where children participate in a Bible story time and enjoy free play with music, puppets, crafts, dress-up, and more.
Wednesday Night Awana
- Ages 2+ years old. (0-1 year olds must have a parent attending an adult course)
- 6:45-8pm. Puggles & Cubbies may enter their classroom starting at 6:30pm.
- Puggles (2 years old): Led by Mrs. Betty & Mrs. Donna. Parents receive “Puggles at Home” cards.
- Cubbies (3-5 years old): Led by Kris Tennant. Cubbies enjoy fun with friends, playing organized games, singing, learning the Bible, and earning awards. Club shirt, book, bag, and incentives included with $25 supplies fee.
- Register: bloomingdalechurch.org/awana.
Spaces for Young Families
We offer various user-friendly spaces to your family during the weekend services:
- Parent-Infant Room: A glassed space adjacent to the sanctuary where you and your infant can participate in the worship hour. The entrance is at the north end of main lobby.
- Children’s Theater Room – Live Feed: A contained space where you and your family can view the service comfortably, especially if your children are not yet comfortable in the nursery or elsewhere. Lower level Nursery Wing.
- Noah’s Ark Nursery