At Bloomingdale Church we believe that a healthy church and a healthy spiritual life is built on relationships of “Up, In, Out.”
UP – A REAL GOD CONNECTION THAT HAPPENS DAILY
IN – RELATIONSHIPS THAT HELP ME GROW IN MY FAITH
OUT – SERVING AND HELPING OTHERS FIND JESUS AS LORD
Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed. (Mark 1:35)
If you’re looking for an opportunity to cultivate a real, regular God-connection, consider these opportunities:
Read the daily Scripture from Bloomingdale Church’s message outline or use another daily reading plan. Reflect on it and write short responses.
Find a place and time that you can be alone and be silent, and pray using a prayer model like the Lord’s Prayer or C.A.S.T.:
Gather with God’s people and offer praise to God together. Worship at Bloomingdale Church is Saturdays @5:30pm and Sundays @ 8:30 & 11am.
Apps and Online Resources
- The Bible App
- The Alliance Devotionals
- The Bible Project Videos
- Echo Prayer App
- Questions For Jesus Prayer App
- Bloomingdale Church Message outlines and TAP guides
- Brother Lawrence, The Practice the Presence of God
- A.W. Tozer, The Pursuit of God
- Dallas Willard, Hearing God
- Stormie Omartian, The Power of a Praying Woman
- Kathleen Grant, Praying in the Word of God
- Philip Yancy, Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference?
- Bill Hybels, The Power of a Whisper