Updated NextGen Programming Decision on Masks
Dear NextGen families & volunteers,
Thank you to all who completed the parental survey. After reviewing this survey and conferring with various advisors we have updated the guidance on mask wearing during NextGen programming as follows:
During any NextGen programming time* (e.g. Sunday morning kids program, PAK, Youth Group, Day Camp):
- Masks will be worn at all times by everyone indoors, including vaccinated persons.
- Mask wearing is optional outside. We support each family’s mask-wearing preference outside.
- We will lead all activities in such a way that attendees can maintain social distance as much as possible.
*Attending a church service or non-NextGen program is not included in this, and is up to the parent’s discretion.
Reasons for this decision:
- Majority of responses in our May 21 parental survey asked for masks to be optional outside. The May 28 CDC guidance for camps supports this decision.
- Mask wearing inside during NextGen programming is not optional as the majority of attendees are currently not (able to be) vaccinated. The CDC only recommends removing masks for vaccinated individuals.
- Since attendees are required to wear masks, volunteers are asked to model the same regardless of their vaccination status.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve your family and many other families in our community.
Daniel Riemenschneider, Administrative Pastor