Words of Hope
Jesus declared them. He spoke them in the toughest hours of his life. He had been falsely accused, put through a mockery of a trial, brutally beaten, and then nailed mercilessly on a cross to die and become the ultimate sacrifice for the sin of humanity. Yet in the midst of his horrendous pain, he offered Words of Hope.
Jesus made seven statements from the cross that would reverberate in the lives of the people who first heard them, and to all who will listen since then. We focus on his profound last sayings from the cross in this season.
- “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they are doing.” [March 9/10, 2019]
- “Today, you will be with me in paradise.” [March 16/17, 2019]
- “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” [March 23/24, 2019]
- “Behold your son; behold your mother.” [March 30/31, 2019]
- “I thirst.” [April 6/7, 2019]
- “It is finished.” [April 13/14, 2019]