BCYouth264 Newsletter – September & October
Summer has flown by! And even though we enjoyed the time together outside and the more laid back pace of summer, we are looking forward to new routines and the cool weather of Fall (some of our teens are even excited about going back to school!) As always, we want to share what’s coming up! (see full schedule below)
Snapshot of Updates
- We will be updating our wellness check in policy in the coming month – please check back here for more info.
- Following the example of the local schools, we are continuing to enforce indoor mask requirements for teens 12+.
- We’ve officially begun our Jr High Youth Group and HS Small Groups!! (please see Weekly Programming below)
LIFE Conference 2022
“If LIFE is a trip, it has limited value. BUT, if LIFE is a gathering where students have an opportunity to grow in their sense of belonging and understand their identity in Christ; if LIFE is an Alliance family gathering that creates a rich tapestry of the movement of the Holy Spirit, granting freedom from bondage and brokenness; if LIFE continues to be a place where students and leaders can understand God’s heart for lost and are challenged to join Him, then the investment echoes through eternity – it is necessary.” – Scott Wakeley
We are so excited about LIFE Conference 2022! It’s a chance for our teens to attend seminars and hear from passionate and engaging speakers and artists that help students to dig deep, explore and be challenged in their faith and walk with Jesus. They’ll also get the opportunity to gather with other students from all over the world, worshipping the Lord and showing his love to the local community through service projects. This week will be packed with unique and impactful experiences that our students will be able to process through in their small groups. LIFE Conference aims to ensure that students are transformed in a way that will last their whole LIFE!
A Quick Look Back
July and August were packed with a lot! We met weekly for Summer Blast where there was no shortage of water, wacky games, or exploring God’s Word (the Sermon on the Mount); we welcomed Kristen Burnette into our BC family as our new Children’s Ministry Director; we had Guy & Girl Hangout Nights where we developed friendships and had a lot of fun; we did service projects and packed food at Feed My Starving Children; we kicked off our Jr High Youth Group and High School Small Groups; we had a Day Camp reunion; and we all got together for our Fall Kick Off & LIFE Info Meeting! But don’t worry – if you feel like you missed out, we’ve got some awesome plans for the the Fall (see below).
Program Info, Service Opportunities & Special Events
- Junior High Youth Group – Fridays 6:30-8pm: a place for 7th-8th grade students to build relationships with other teens and caring adults while exploring God’s Word
- High School Coffeehouse – Fridays 8-10:30pm: a great place for high school students to meet other teens, experience fun and explore faith (hangout, open gym, games, & special events)
- HS Small Groups – Tuesdays 7-8:30pm: a place for 9th-12th grade students go deeper in their relationships with each other, with their leaders, and most importantly with the Lord
- Serve/Attend – Sundays 9 or 10:30am: teens have the opportunity to attend the worship service or serve in the children’s ministry (Kids Sunday School during the 9am)
- “Sunday Squad” – Sundays 9 am: spaces for junior high and high school teens to learn from scripture and discuss how God’s truths connect with their lives
- Sep 10: Care Basket Drop Off (6:30-8pm) to the police & fire departments
- Sep 12: Sunday Squad (9-10am) begins – in the Youth Quad
- Sept 13 & 15: Sporty’s Restaurant Fundraiser – email Chelsea R for information
- Sep 24: HS Coffeehouse School Spirit Night (8-10:30pm)
- Oct 3: Leader Meeting (12-1pm) in the Coffeehouse
- Oct 16: Discipleship Initiative Gathering (time TBA)
- Oct 19: HS Small Group – Hoedown (7-8:30pm)
- Oct 22: Jr High YG – Hoedown (6:30-8pm)
- Oct 24: LIFE Support Letter Workshop (time TBA)
- Oct 29: Jr High YG – Costume Party (6:30-8pm)
- Oct 29: HS Coffeehouse – Costume Party (8-10:30pm)
PARENTS & VOLUNTEERS
If you’d like to help with any of the events mentioned above, please contact Daniel or Chelsea.
As always, if you have any questions please reach out to the Youth Staff – we’re here for you and we’re better together!