BCYouth264 Newsletter – January
Happy New Year! 2020 brought a lot of challenges, but also a lot of creativity. We’re praying that in this coming year we will be able to be together again safely – and soon!
Quick Overview of Changes
- We will continue meeting in our Small Group Format for Youth Group Sundays from 6:30-8pm
- We will continue to require our teens to complete the Wellness Check-In form before arrival for programming and events
- This will be where you’ll find updates about changes of location or cancellation by 4:00 on the day of the event
We’ve been meeting in a Small Group Format for Youth Group since December so that our teens can continue to see each other in person, build relationships with their leaders, and pursue Jesus together in the midst of changing #phases and #guidelines. We’ve also been offering a virtual option for teens who are being extra cautious and want to participate from their homes. **We are taking extra post-holiday precautions, and will be meeting only on Zoom for the first few weeks of January (full details below).**
In December our teens had a number of opportunities to serve and care for our community! We focused on service at Girl/Guy Hangout and at our Christmas Teen Serve event making blankets, supporting the Food Pantry Ministry, and writing cards to residents of a local assisted living facility. We had an awesome turnout of teens and adults at the Engaging the Scriptures Workshop; and we enjoyed the Christmas season with an ugly sweater contest (winners in photo above), a white elephant gift exchange, and deeper engagement with the story of Jesus’ birth.
Service Opportunities & Upcoming Dates
- Jan 5: Banquet Meeting – 6:30-7:30pm on Zoom
- Jan 8: Virtual New Years Party – 7-8pm on Zoom
- Jan 10: Engaging in Prayer Workshop – 9:30-10:15am on Zoom
- Jan 10: Youth Group – 6:30-8pm ONLY on Zoom
- Jan 15: Virtual Game Night – 7-8pm on Zoom
- Jan 16: Banquet Workshop – 9-11am at the church
- Jan 17: Engaging in Prayer Workshop – 9:30-10:15am on Zoom
- Jan 17: Youth Group – 6:30-8pm at the church; also on Zoom
- Jan 22: Girls Food Pantry Serve – 7-8:30pm at the church
- Jan 23: Banquet Workshop – 9-11am at the church (Skits: Edu., BB Audio, Narrators, S.D.P.)
- Jan 24: Engaging in Prayer Workshop – 9:30-10:15am on Zoom
- Jan 24: Youth Group – 6:30-8pm at the church; also Zoom option
- Jan 29: Guys Food Pantry Serve – 7-8:30pm at the church
- Jan 30: Banquet Workshop – 9-11am, 12-2pm at the church (AM – Sports Skit; PM – Q15)
- Jan 31: IPSAT Course – 9:30-10:15am on Zoom
- Jan 31: Youth Group – 6:30-8pm at the church; also Zoom option
PARENTS & VOLUNTEERS
If you’d like to help with any of the events mentioned above, please contact Daniel or Chelsea.
As always, if you have any questions please reach out to the Youth Staff – we’re here for you and we’re better together!