Thank you for supporting our mission of helping people know Jesus Christ as Lord.
Ways to GiveSeveral safe, secure, and convenient methods have been created for you to give.
- Mail to the church office: 264 Glen Ellyn Rd, Bloomingdale, IL 60108
- Place in secure offering box located in main lobby: M-F 9am-4pm, Sat 8-10am, Sun 8-11:30am
Please include your name and address on the check or envelope, so that donation credit may be provided for tax purposes. Checks must be payable to Bloomingdale Church. Please add additional notations in the memo line only.
You can utilize your bank’s “Bill Pay” feature to designate Bloomingdale Church as the payee and schedule a one-time or recurring transfer of funds. (The bank sends the church a check by mail.)
*This is a great option because the church does not incur the transaction fees.
If you would like to make a contribution from your Individual Retirement Account, please contact email@example.com first for instructions.
You can chose to designate specific funds to the ministry of Bloomingdale Church:
- General Fund**: Supports Bloomingdale Church’s day-to-day operations and programs. Historically, General Fund offerings represent about 80 percent of all giving to pay for necessary church operating expenses including programs and ministries, staff compensation, infrastructure, and other critical operations.
**Undesignated funds are placed in the General Fund.
- Benevolence Fund: Supports Bloomingdale Church’s deacons ministry to help people in the church with qualified needs.
- Building Fund: Supports Bloomingdale Church’s future building projects.
In addition to giving to the local ministry of Bloomingdale Church, you can support local ministries and Alliance Missions (see next two sections).
- Hope Center: Supports ministry like Recovery Group, Grief Share, and Food Pantry.
- Food Pantry: Helps give food resources to people in our community.
- Christ Church Chicago: Albany Park neighborhood homeless soup kitchen and Congo refugees.
- Family Empowerment Centers Chicago: Rogers Park neighborhood community center, food pantry, and Envision Center.
- Chicago Alive Youth Camp: Giving inner city kids opportunity to go to camp and hear God’s Word.
Together we support workers and projects, locally and around the world. (Learn more about Alliance Missions here.) Here are some of the financial ways in which you can engage in the Great Commission of making disciples of all nations:
- Give to the ministry of a worker you love:
When you specify the worker*** that you would like to give toward, 100% of those funds will be available for them to use for their ministry. Designate this on the giving envelope, check memo, or online giving category. Consider pledging to support the worker of your choice with a specific amount each month.
***Who are the international workers specifically supported by Bloomingdale Church?
Jim & Becky D, Stuart & Rebecca G, Jen H, Matt & Christine M, Eric & Krisy M, Mark & Kora T
- Give to missions in general:
If you give to missions in general without designating a specific worker, 75% of your donation will go towards supporting workers connected with Bloomingdale Church** and 25% will go to the C&MA’s Great Commission Fund supporting hundreds of workers around the globe. Consider making a monthly pledge of support.
- Give to the Passion Project:
Every Easter season, our church has a unique and impactful giving tradition called the Passion Project. These special projects range from supporting local initiatives to projects our workers are carrying out around the world. Consider giving above and beyond your normal tithe or using this as an opportunity to begin giving sacrificially.
Bloomingdale Church is committed to our mission of helping people know Jesus as Lord. We have the privilege of partnering with God’s work in the world by using our gifts and resources through the local church.
Are donations to Bloomingdale Church deductible for tax purposes?
Yes. Bloomingdale Church is classified as a public charity by the Internal Revenue Service and is exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions to Mission are therefore deductible under section 170 of the Code.
What is the deadline for annual contributions?
Contributions must be received, postmarked, or transacted by December 31 to be included on your giving statement for that year.
Can I receive a report on my giving?
What is the “Great Commission Fund”?
Bloomingdale Church has a rich heritage as a member of the Christian & Missionary Alliance. The “Alliance” is committed to the authority of the Scripture and to taking the Gospel to the whole world. As the primary source of funding for Alliance ministries, the Great Commission Fund (GCF) is one of the most effective ways for you to become an active participant in God’s plan to reconcile all peoples to himself. Learn more about Great Commission Fund here.
How does Bloomingdale Church uphold financial accountability?
Bloomingdale Church is committed to honoring God’s provision by exercising wise and faithful stewardship, ethical business practices, and full accountability to ensure the financial integrity of Bloomingdale Church remains above reproach. We accomplish this through a system of internal controls and an internal budgeting and reporting process.
Whom do I contact if I have additional questions about giving?
If you have any questions about giving, please do not hesitate to contact the church office at (630) 894-0090 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What about the issue of debt?
We strongly discourage those who have credit card debt from tithing via a credit card.