Bloomingdale Church seeks to be a caring church family adheres to a Biblical doctrinal statement, follows foundational core values, and faithfully observes historic church ordinances & practices.
- Loving God and loving people are our great commandments.
- Prayer changes us and our circumstances.
- Developing fully devoted followers of Jesus is our Biblical mandate.
- We are commissioned to bring lost people to Jesus, here and around the world.
- We worship together on the weekend and through the week in our daily walk with Christ.
- A caring community is vital to a healthy church. We need friends who encourage us in our faith journey. We greatly benefit from practical service to others as well.
- Our small groups (ministry teams and study groups) emphasize Bible study, prayer, caring relationships and service to others.
- Our leaders are to be “servant-leaders” who are passionate for Christ’s kingdom.
- Our various ministries should reflect cultural relevance while remaining doctrinally pure.
- Raising up our children and teenagers to become spiritually mature adults is our privilege and duty.
- Excellence honors God and inspired people
- There is one God, who is infinitely perfect, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is true God and true man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He died upon the cross as a substitutionary sacrifice, and all who believe in Him are justified by His shed blood. He arose from the dead according to the Scriptures. He is at the right hand of God as our great High Priest and will come again to establish His kingdom of righteousness and peace.
- The Holy Spirit is a divine person, sent to indwell, guide, teach and empower the believer, and to convince the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment.
- The Old and New Testaments, inerrant as originally given, were verbally inspired by God and are a complete revelation of God’s will for the salvation of people. They constitute the divine and only rule of Christian faith and practice.
- Men and women were created in the image and likeness of God, but fell through disobedience, incurring both physical and spiritual death. All men and women are born with a sinful nature, are separated from the life of God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of Jesus Christ.
- It is the will of God that each believer should be filled with the Holy Spirit and dedicated to the will of God. Provision is made in the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus Christ for the healing of the physical body.
- Christ is the head of the church, which has been commissioned by Him to go into all the world presenting the Gospel. The local church is a body of believers who are joined together for worship, learning the Word of God, prayer, fellowship, the proclamation of the Gospel, baptism, and the Lord’s Supper.
Adapted from our denomination’s doctrinal statement, the Christian & Missionary Alliance
Church Ordinances & Practices
Communion, also called the Lord’s Supper or Eucharist, is a sacred remembrance in which we symbolically remember the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ on the cross. It is observed monthly at Bloomingdale Church, generally on the first weekend of the month. Anyone who has received Christ as Savior, regardless of their church membership or church heritage, is welcome to participate.
Baptism is an outward symbolic expression of the spiritual change that has occurred in a person’s heart and relationship with God. We encourage believers to be baptized in obedience to Christ’s teachings.
Bloomingdale Church is committed to marriage as a sacred institution, ordained by God, between a man and woman. The Bible (Matthew 5 & 19) teaches that marriage is a lifetime commitment that is to be entered with careful preparation. Bloomingdale Church helps couples build strong marriages based on the Bible’s authoritative, practical teachings.
We encourage parents to commit their children to God. At a child dedication, parents make a public promise to raise their children in a home where Scriptural principles are lived and taught, so that their children may also come to dynamic personal faith in Christ. The congregation also makes a commitment to help the family in raising their child.
Prayer for Healing
Pastoral staff and Shepherd Team (also called the Elders) gladly meet with requesting individuals to pray for God’s healing. The New Testament (James 5:14) declares: “Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord.” A prayer team is available after each weekend worship hour to meet with anyone who would like prayer.
Bloomingdale Church has a rich heritage as a member of the Christian & Missionary Alliance. The C&MA is a Christ-honoring association (denomination) of over 17,000 churches worldwide. The “Alliance” is a committed to the authority of the Scripture and to taking the Gospel to the whole world. For 131 years, the Christian and Missionary Alliance has served the physical and spiritual needs of people in over 70 nations around the world. It has established churches, schools, hospitals, clinics, family centers and publishing houses. Over two million people are a part of this vibrant association.